Last Updated on October 16, 2021 by Umar Khan
Sri Lanka vs Ireland is the most crucial match of Group A in terms of getting the top seed position of the group. Sri Lanka On paper no doubt is the strongest team of its Group and Ireland is ranked the 2nd best team of the Group. The match will be a decider of the top positioner. Who will rule the group will be decided in this match.
If Sri Lanka loses the match, there will be a great chance of a comeback for them, but if Ireland loses this game, their survival in the T20 World cup 2021 will be in danger. So, the match is very crucial for both teams. The other two teams of the group are Namibia and Netherlands.
Match # 8 Details
Teams: Sri Lanka vs Ireland
Timings: 6:00 Local Time
Venue: Abu Dhabi
SL/Ire won and elected to bat/bowl first
Here are the Playing 11 of both the teams. Get Sri Lanka vs Ireland Playing eleven. To create an impact, teams must select the best possible playing XI for each ICC T20 World Cup 2021 match.
Sri Lanka Playing XI for the 8th match of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. Here is the list of the Sri Lanka Team Playing Eleven
Ireland Playing XI for the eighth match vs Sri Lanka of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021. Here is the list of the Ireland Team Playing Eleven
The match officials for today’s game between Sri Lanka and Ireland are Aleem Dar from Pakistan and Kumar Dharmasena from Sri Lanka. The match referee for the match is going to be David Boon, a former Australian opener.
Sri Lanka vs Ireland Head To Head Record
Sri Lanka and Ireland have met six times in T20 Outings, and unfortunately, Ireland has crossed the line. Sri Lanka has won 4 T20 matches out of the six matches between these two teams and abandoned two matches.
On paper, Sri Lanka is the hot favorite to win the match, and the previous record also shows that Sri Lanka has a 70% chance of winning the coming match. But we can’t write off Ireland straight away.
The resources of the Sri Lankan team that could play vital role in winning this all-important match for his team are;
- Spin Bowling attack
- Beat Inform Bangladesh in the warm-up match
- Powerful hitters at the top and lower order
- Good batting lineup
- Momentum, at the right time
- The decent fast bowling attack
On the other hand, Ireland looks like a decent side that can defeat any team on its day. Paul Stirling, one of the dashing openers of modern-day cricket, is real hope for Ireland’s success.
- Paul Stirling the inform pro for his team
- Some good spinners in the side can be lethal on spinning tracks
- All players dare to fight
Based on both teams’ past track record and the recent form, the critics think that Sri Lanka has a 70% chance of winning the match. The 30% chance will keep Ireland in the game.